JAIDAH AUTOMOTIVE WINS QATAR TRANSPORT SAFETY FORUM AWARD CHEVROLET MALIBU RECEIVES SAFEST VEHICLE AWARD
Doha, 2016: Chevrolet cars’ exclusive dealer in Qatar, announced receiving an award from the Qatar Transport Safety Forum for the Chevrolet Malibu for the “Safest Vehicle Award” category.
Under the patronage of His Excellency Mr. Jasim Saif Ahmed Al-Sulaiti, Minister of Transport and Communications and endorsed by the Ministry of Transport and Communications, IQPC held the 5th edition of the Qatar Transport Safety Forum at the St. Regis Doha Hotel last month. The two-day forum for Driving safety in Qatar this year had an overarching theme; Driving safety through engineering, enforcement, education and technology.
The welcome note for the forum was given by Brig. Mohamed Al Malki, General Secretary, National Traffic Safety Committee, Ministry of Interior, Qatar. During his speech he dissuced developing safer transport networks by utilising evidence-based road safety.
The forum and award ceremony was attended by Abdallah Madhoun, Regional Sales and Marketing for Chevrolet, and Khalid Samir, Director of Operations at Jaidah Automotive, who accepted the award on behalf of Jaidah Automotive and Chevrolet .
On this occasion Khalid Samir, Director of Operations at Jaidah Automotive said, “We are very pleased to receive this award for the Chevrolet Malibu. Jaidah Automotive launched the all-new 2017 Chevrolet Malibu model to the Qatari market last month, and is completely restyled and engineered to offer more efficiency, connectivity and advanced preventative safety features and technologies.”
The ceremony was organised to recognise excellence in the field of transport safety in the Middle East region. Awards were presented in nine categories and entry was open to government and private organisations that operate in the Middle East and North Africa.
“The Transport Safety Awards is one of the key highlights of the Qatar Transport Safety Forum and it is an honour to receive such an accolade,” Samir added.
Since it was introduced more than 50 years ago, the Chevrolet Malibu has evolved in both design and safety features, and is anticipated to be one of the best additions to the Qatari market. Longer and lighter, the new Malibu also offers more interior space. Built on an entirely new architecture, the all-new Chevrolet Malibu 2017 is 60 mm longer and has a wheelbase that is 93 mm longer than the previous model.
Through the extensive application of high-strength steel and advanced weight reduction technologies, the all-new Malibu shed 130 kg of mass. This supports its best-in-segment fuel economy and exhilarating ride performance.
Additional vehicle highlights of the all the all-new Chevrolet Malibu 2017
- Agile, sophisticated and sleek exterior design incorporates details that advance Chevrolet’s signature cues
- Preventive safety technologies include up-to 6 air bags, with available features such as Forward Collision Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert. Automatic Parking Assist and Side Blind Zoe Alerts are also available
- New Chevrolet MyLink with Apple CarPlay compatibility
Available active safety features include:
- Front Pedestrian Alert that uses a forward-looking camera to help avoid or reduce the harm caused by crashes with pedestrians ahead of the vehicle. The system can apply automatic last-second braking
- New Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
- Side Blind Zone Alert with Lane Change Alert
- New Forward Collision Alert with Following Distance Indicator
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Front and Rear Park Assist
- Intellibeam, which automatically switches the headlamps to high beam for better road illumination and improved visibility
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Front Automatic Braking
- Automatic Parking Assist.